CHERRY ENDIVE SALAD
- 2 Envy apples
- 1 cup fresh cherries, pitted and halved (or dried cherries)
- 1 endive
- 1 cup washed and shredded frisee
- 1 cup washed and shredded radicchio
- 1 cup finely sliced romaine
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Wash, core and slice apples. Toss together with the cherries, endive, frisée, radicchio, romaine, blue cheese and pecans. Put the vinegar, mustard, oil and honey into a small bowl and whisk until all of the ingredients are blended.
Add to the salad, season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve.
Note: This salad is great all year round. When fresh cherries are available, use them. When not, dried cherries work well.