- ½ Envy™ apple, very small diced
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 can cooked chickpeas
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 1 T tahini
- 3 T lemon juice
- ½ tsp Zaatar spice
- In a small pot, bring the can of chickpeas (liquid and all) plus ¼ tsp baking soda to a light simmer.
- LIGHTLY simmer for 10 minutes to soften. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a food processor, blend together the chickpeas in its liquid, salt, paprika, tahini, and lemon juice until very smooth.
- Char the jalapeno under a broiler or over an open flame. Remove seeds and finely dice.
- Stir together the jalapeno and diced apple.
- Spread hummus into container, spoon jalapeno and apple in the middle and then drizzle a tiny bit of olive oil around the edges.