A delicious appetizer of fragrant rosemary and maple-seared apple slices served on blini with delicate mustard crème and prosciutto.
- 2 Envy™ Apples
- 1 ½ tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped rosemary – plus extra for garnish
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 12 blini or buckwheat mini pancakes
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 6 slices prosciutto
- Cut the Envy™ Apples into quarters then remove cores and cut across the wedge into short slices.
- Heat the butter and oil in a large shallow pan and when bubbling, add the apple slices and cook for a few minutes.
- Increase the temperature and add the rosemary and maple. Cook for 1 to 2 more minutes until the apples are still holding their shape but caramelized and golden. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Arrange the blini on a serving plate and top each with a spoonful of the combined sour cream and mustard to make a mustard crème.
- Arrange the prosciutto in delicate waves on top of the mustard crème.
- Top each with a couple of caramel apple slices and garnish with extra rosemary.