- 2 Envy™ apples, large diced
- 2-3 lb beef chuck roast
- 3 T kosher salt
- Pepper mill
- 1 bunch carrots (about 8 medium sized carrots), peeled and quartered
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 yukon potatoes, large diced
- 1 head of garlic, extra skin removed and the top half removed
- 1 quart beef broth (plus more if you have a larger crock pot)
- 2 T canola oil
- 3 T butter
- 3 T flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 T freshly chopped parsley
- ½ cup freshly diced apples
- Large saute pan
- Crock Pot
- Heat a large saute pan over high heat. Add canola and let warm.
- Meanwhile generously season all sides of the roast with salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- Add the roast to the hot oil and sear on all sides until a golden crust forms (about 2 minutes per side).
- Remove the roast from the pan and place into crock pot. Surround with the apples, carrots, potatoes, head of garlic, and then fill the crock pot with enough beef broth to almost cover roast.
- Let cook on low for 8 hours or until a fork can easily shred meat.
- Remove head of garlic.
- Remove 3 cups of the broth from the crock pot and set aside.
- In a small pot, melt 3 T butter and then whisk in 3 T flour and cook for approximately 1 minute over medium heat, stirring constantly. Add broth and bring to a boil, whisking frequently. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve, shred roast into large chunks and evenly divide among bowls. Spoon vegetables and apples around roast and then top with gravy. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley and apples.