Serving Size: 12 | Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ cup unsalted Challenge Butter, melted and cooled (1 stick)
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 Envy™ Apples, peeled, cored, and diced ¼” size
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 12ct muffin pan with cupcake liners and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a large bowl, whisk together Challenge Butter and brown sugar for 2 minutes or until well combined. Add Egg and Vanilla and whisk until incorporated.
- Add the flour mixture into the large bowl of wet ingredients. Stir until just combined, being careful to not overmix.
- Fold in Chopped Envy™ Apples
- Spoon batter evenly into cupcake liners
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean
- Cool and serve
- Recipe can also be prepared in an 8×8” square pan, coated generously with Challenge Butter. Cook time will need to be extended 3-5 minutes. Cool and cut into squares to serve.