Serving Size: 8 biscuits / 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups, peeled and diced Envy™ Apple (1 large Envy™ apple or 2 small Envy™ Apples)
- 1 Tbs Baking Powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) cold salted butter, diced
- 1 cup buttermilk (or 1 cup milk + 1 Tbs vinegar)
- Preheat oven to 425F
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add diced cold butter and cut into the dry ingredients with a fork until the consistency is like small peas or coarse meal.
- Stir in peeled, diced Envy™ Apple.
- Add 1 cup buttermilk and stir until combined. Batter will be very lumpy. Do not over-mix.
- Drop large mounds onto a parchment-lined baking sheet (2oz scoop / approx ¼ cup each mound)
- Bake at 425F for 18-22 minutes until golden brown
- Brush with melted butter if desired
- Cast iron skillet can be used instead of baking sheet. Grease cast iron skillet with 2Tbs of butter prior to putting biscuit dough mounds in skillet.
- Recipe can be prepared more “sweet” by adding 1Tbs cinnamon and 1Tbs sugar in step 2.
- Recipe can be prepared more “savory” by adding 1Tbs onion powder in step 2 and ½ cup grated cheddar in step 4.