- 1 Envy™ Apple
- 2 Ahi Tuna Steaks 4oz each
- 2T Soy Sauce
- 1T Minced Garlic
- 2T Black Sesame Seeds
- 1T Sugar
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 2T Toasted Sesame Oil
- 2 Sprigs Fresh Parsley, minced
- Pat ahi steaks dry and place into bowl with soy sauce. Ensure the entire steak is fully coated.
- Mix garlic, sesame seeds, sugar, salt and pepper together on a plate.
- Place ahi into the mixture and ensure an even coating on both sides.
- Heat medium skillet on high. Wait for pan to heat up before adding 1T of sesame oil.
- Then, place ahi steaks into the pan and sear on each side pressing the ahi firmly into the pan. It usually takes between 30 seconds to 2 minutes on each side, depending on your desired doneness. Ahi is usually left pink and raw in the center, but you can cook it longer if you prefer.
- Remove ahi from the skillet to a cutting board. Let cool. Slice ahi into ½ inch slices.
- Cut Envy™ apples into 1/2-inch slices that are as wide or slightly wider than the ahi slices. Layer Envy slice on top and anchor with a toothpick. Garnish with parsley.