- 1 ½ cups small diced Envy™ apples – about 1 ½ apples (reserve ½ cup)
- 1 ½ cups halved blackberries – about 1 ¼ small containers of blackberries (reserve ½ cup)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ tsp pectin
- 4 thick slices of sourdough bread
- 4 T butter, softened
- Blend the reserved ½ cup of diced apples and ½ cup of halved blackberries until smooth.
- Stir together the brown sugar and pectin.
- In a large bowl, combine the diced and halved blackberries, blended mixture, and the brown sugar/pectin mixture and stir until well combined.
- Let marinate at room temperature for at least 1 hour.
- Pour the marinated fruit mixture into a large saute pan and bring to a simmer. Simmer over medium heat for approximately 8 minutes or until you can take the wide side of a rubber spatula and run it through the middle and the liquid doesn’t run back together all of the way.
- Pour the mixture onto a sheet tray lined with a silicone mat and spread evenly. Let cool at room temperature or can cool quicker by placing it in the refrigerator. If not in a hurry, you can just pour the jam in a medium bowl and let chill until not longer warm.
- Once jam is ready, spread both sides of the sourdough slices with softened butter.
- Grill both sides until charred lines appear.
- Remove from grill or grill pan and serve with jam. Can also use with toast, english muffins, or any other pastries!