A stunning apple tart with flavors of salted caramel, white chocolate, and crunchy
- 2 Envy™ Apples
- 2 sheets sweet pastry
- ¾ cup cream
- ¾ cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, beaten with a fork
- 1 cup almond meal
- ½ cup finely chopped pecans
- Pinch of sea salt
- Line a 9 inch fluted tart tin with the pastry sheets trimming the edges with a rolling pin to fit neatly. Chill until ready to bake.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F and place a metal baking tray on the center shelf.
- Heat the cream in a medium saucepan until near boiling. Remove from heat and add the white chocolate chips, allow to stand for a few minutes then stir until smooth and glossy.
- Add the brown sugar and vanilla extract and stir until dissolved.
- Cool remaining mixture for 5 minutes then whisk in the beaten eggs, almond meal, chopped pecans and a pinch of salt. Allow to cool and thicken into a paste.
- Prepare the apples by cutting into quarters and removing the core then cut into even slices.
- Spread the white chocolate and pecan filling into the chilled pastry case, arrange the sliced apples in a decorative pattern over the filling.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the apples are golden and caramelized and the pastry set and golden. Allow to cool for 20 minutes before slicing. Dust the apple tart with powdered sugar if desired and serve with mascarpone or whipped cream.