Serving Size: 4 | Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 Tbs brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 4 Tbs unsalted Challenge Butter (½ stick), melted
- 1 Envy™ Apple, peeled & cored
- 4 Tbs unsalted Challenge Butter (½ stick), room temperature
- Maple Syrup, to taste
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, cinnamon, baking powder, and brown sugar
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and melted Challenge Butter
- Make a well in the dry ingredients, and mix in the wet ingredient mixture until just combine
- Using a cheese grater, grate the peeled & cored Envy™ Apple. Fold grated Envy™ Apple into the batter.
- Prepare waffle iron with nonstick spray or by brushing melted Challenge Butter on the non-stick surface
- Ladle ¼ of the batter mixture (recipe yields 4 waffles) into the waffle iron and cook waffle according to manufacturers’ instructions.
- Remove waffle from the waffle iron, top with 1Tbs of room temperature Challenge Butter and maple syrup, to taste.
- You can finely dice Envy™ Apple if you do not have a cheese grater