- 3 Envy™ Apples
- ½ C panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ C grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 1/2LB Sweet Potatoes
- 1 C Heavy Cream
- ½ teaspoon thyme, chopped (optional)
- Baking dish that holds about 3qts
- Mandolin if you want extra assistance with slicing the apples and sweet potatoes
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a small bowl mix panko and grated parmesan, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut into ¼ inch rounds.
- Slice Envy™ apples into four quarters, remove core, then cut crosswise into ¼ inch rounds
- Starting on the side of the baking dish, tightly shingle sweet potatoes and Envy slices one by one, repeating and moving in a spiral ending in the middle of the dish.
- Season generously with salt and pepper. Then, pour cream evenly over the top.
- Sprinkle chopped thyme over the top, if desired.
- Cover baking dish tightly with foil and bake in the middle rack of the oven for 40-45 min.
- Sweet potatoes will be fork tender.
- Remove the foil and sprinkle the panko parmesan mix on top.
- Then, bake uncovered for another 5-10 minutes until golden brown.
- Garnish with thinly sliced Envy™ apples and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.