- 4 Envy™ apples
- 50 oz caramels (preferably unwrapped to make it easy!)
- 20 oz white chocolate candy coating (usually sold in meltable rounds or squares)
- 1 small can sweetened condensed milk
- Red food coloring
- Valentines sprinkles
- 4 popsicle sticks
- Parchment paper
- Wash apples and press a popsicle stick into the stem end deep into the middle of the apple.
- In a small bowl, microwave the caramels and sweetened condensed milk in 30 second intervals until they start to melt, and then 15 second intervals after that until smooth and warm. You don’t want it boiling hot and super loose, just warm enough to be able to coat the apple. The hotter it is, the longer it takes to set and the more likely it will drip off the apple.
- Dip the apple and rotate it so that all sides are coated and then let the excess drip off. Place coated apples onto a flat surface lined with parchment paper (I like a small cutting board). To speed up the process, place in the refrigerator to chill quicker.
- Meanwhite, melt the candy coating in 15 second intervals until warm and no clumps are left. Add food coloring to get your desired color (light pink or red) and stir to combine.
- Dip the caramel apples into the warm chocolate and let the excess drop off. Move the apples over an empty bowl and immediately coat with sprinkles or decorate as desired. Return to parchment paper and allow to set. Serve as desired or you can wrap in cellophane or gift bags to give as a gift!
- Alternate use: cut the apples into wedges and use smaller popsicle sticks or skewers.