SERVES 24 GOLF BALL SIZED OREO BALLS
- 1 package of regular oreos
- 1 package cream cheese, softened
- 1 lb bakers white chocolate coating
- 2 T pumpkin spice
- 1 Envy™ apple, very thinly sliced on a mandoline*
- Cake pop sticks (cut to approximately 3 inches)
- Parchment paper
*It is important to slice the apple on a mandoline so they are thin enough (hard to do with a knife) and so that they are uniform in thickness.
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees.
- Line large baking sheet trays with parchment paper and then spread out the apple slices evenly making sure they do not touch each other.
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour, flip, and then bake for another 30 minutes – 1 hr or until crispy when cooled. TIP: you can remove one slice from the oven and let cool to see if it is as crunchy as you would like. If not, bake in the oven for longer.
- Remove apple slices from oven and transfer the parchment paper with apples to a cool countertop. Chips will harden and become more crunchy as they cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large food processor, pulse together oreos until a uniform crumble.
- Cut up cream cheese into smaller pieces and pulse into the oreo mixture until well combined. Do not overmix as the mixture can get paste like.
- Spoon out oreo mixture into a bowl and roll into golf ball sized balls. As you roll them, evenly spread them out on a small sheet tray (or flat plate) lined with parchment paper. The tray should be small enough to fit flat on a shelf in your freezer.
- Once all balls are rolled, place in freezer for 30 minutes or until hard.
- After apples have cooled and are crunchy, crush them with your hands to break them up into smaller chunks. Set aside in a bowl.
- Once your balls are chilled thoroughly and your crushed dried apples are ready to go, melt the white chocolate coating and pumpkin spice together in the microwave for 1 minute and then in 30 second intervals after that until melted. Stirring between each time you heat it. You don’t want it to be boiling hot, just hot enough that it is all melted and no chunks are left.
- Place a stick in the center of each ball and dip into the white chocolate coating. Use a spoon to spoon the chocolate over top of the ball to evenly coat and then allow the excess chocolate to drip off. Immediately sprinkle the crushed apples evenly over top of the chocolate coating and then place the ball back on the parchment paper. Repeat with the remaining oreo balls.
- The chocolate will harden and then transfer to a serving platter and keep in the refrigerator until ready to serve.