- 2 ready to bake Puff Pastry sheets (I recommend the Pepperidge Farm brand in the freezer section)
- 1 Envy™ apple, small diced
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- Sea salt to garnish
- 2 egg
- 2 T milk (or water)
For the streusel
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup cold butter, diced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Thaw pastry sheets at room temperature for 40 minutes, or until soft enough to unfold and roll.
- In a food processor, pulse together all ingredients for the streusel, set aside.
- Whisk together eggs and milk (or water) until well combined.
- Unfold pastry sheets and brush one side with egg wash (I like to use a pastry brush to do this).
- Cut each pastry sheet in half horizontally, and then cut each half into 6 equal triangles.
- Sprinkle streusel over top of the egg wash side.
- Place a few pieces of diced apples and dark chocolate chips at the wide top of the triangle (about 4 of each) and then carefully roll from the wide side to the tip.
- Repeat with each triangle and then place each on a baking sheet tray lined with parchment paper.
- Brush each croissant on top with more egg wash and then sprinkle a little bit more of the streusel on top and finish with a pinch of sea salt.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool slightly and let the chocolate continue to melt inside.
- Once not super hot to the touch, dig in!