A stunning apple tart with flavours of salted caramel, white chocolate, and crunchy pecans.
- 2 sheets sweet pastry
- ¾ cup cream
- 150 gms white chocolate buttons or pieces
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 eggs, beaten with a fork
- 1 cup almond meal
- ½ cup finely chopped pecans
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 Envy™ apples
- Line a 23cm fluted tart tin with the pastry sheets trimming the edges with a rolling pin to fit neatly and chill until ready to bake.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C and place a metal baking tray on the center shelf.
- Heat the cream in a medium saucepan until near boiling.
- Remove from the heat and add the broken white chocolate pieces, allow to stand for a few minutes then stir until smooth and glossy.
- Add the brown sugar and vanilla essence and stir until dissolved.
- Cool remaining mixture for 5 minutes then whisk in the beaten eggs, almond meal, chopped pecans and a pinch of salt. Allow to cool and thicken into a paste.
- Prepare the apples by cutting into quarters and removing the core then cut into even slices.
- Spread the white chocolate and pecan filling into the chilled pastry case, arrange the sliced apples in a decorative pattern over the filling.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the apples are golden and caramelised and the pastry set and golden. Allow to cool for 20 minutes before slicing.
- Dust the apple tart with icing sugar if desired and serve with mascarpone or whipped cream.