SERVES APPROXIMATELY 24, 1 INCH MARSHMALLOWS
- 2 Envy apples, very small diced
- 4 T butter
- 4 T ground cinnamon
- 3 packages of unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup water
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 T vanilla extract
*need a candy thermometer
- Melt 4 T butter in a large saute pan over medium heat, add apples and saute until tender. Stir in ground cinnamon until the apples are well coated. Remove the apples onto a large plate and allow to cool.
- In an electric stand mixer bowl, add the gelatin and ½ cup of cold water. Allow to sit while preparing the rest of the ingredients.
- In a small/medium pot, add ½ cup water, 1 ½ cups sugar, and 1 cup light corn syrup. Heat over medium heat until sugar is dissolved, whisking occasionally. Turn the heat up to high, attach the candy thermometer to the pot and cook syrup until it reaches 240 degrees. Remove from heat.
- Using the whisk attachment, turn the mixer on low and drizzle in hot syrup mixer until all combined. Turn the mixer up to high and whip for 15 minutes. Add vanilla and continue to whip until well incorporated.
- Fold in cinnamon apples until well combined.
- Dust a 9×13 pan (or smaller if you would like thicker marshmallows) with powdered sugar and then spread the mixture evenly. Dust the top with more powdered sugar and allow to sit at room temperature overnight (or until completely dried out).
- Turn the pan over to release the marshmallows and cut into squares.