Makes 6-8 scones
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ¾ grated sharp cheddar
- ¾ cup Envy™ apple, cubed or grated (about 1 Envy™ apple)
- 50g cold cubed butter
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 100g room temp butter
- ¼ tsp salt
For the Chutney:
- Pre-heat oven to 210 C.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well.
- Toss apples with sugar and add to flour mixture\
- Add cheese
- Add butter and distribute into the flour mixture to form the texture of coarse meal
- Create a well in the centre of the mixture and add milk in stages.
- Incorporate milk into dry ingredients just until absorbed. Do not over mix dough should be rough looking, and barely holding together.
- On a lightly floured surface, pat the dough into 3 cm thickness
- Use a circular cutter or cut into squares , creating 6-8 scones
- On a buttered (or oiled) baking sheet, place scones evenly and bake in oven for 12-15 minutes or until golden.
- Combine softened butter with maple syrup and salt (an electric mixer works best)
- Serve scones warm with maple butter on the side.