SERVES 6 | PREP 20 MIN | COOK 15 MIN
- 1-1/4 cups quinoa
- 1/2 lb sugar snap peas
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 Envy apples
- 1 cup roasted salted cashews
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Salt & pepper
- 2 tbsp your selection of 2 or 3 herbs
- Rinse the quinoa under cold running water for 2 or 3 minutes, then follow cooking instructions on the package. Fluff cooked quinoa with a fork and set aside. Top and tail the peas.
- Bring water to a boil over medium heat in a medium saucepan. Add the peas and cook for just one minute. Strain and plunge peas into chilled water. Drain chilled peas through colander.
- Cut and cube red pepper. Place into a large bowl, add the peas. Cut the apples in quarters, remove the cores and cut each quarter into 3 wedges; cut each wedge into 4 pieces and add to the bowl. Toss with cashews. In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar and salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- Finely chop the herbs. When the quinoa is cool, add to the apple mixture, toss to mix well. Add the dressing and herbs, toss and serve.