- 10 yukon gold potatoes, large diced
- 2 cup canola oil
- 2 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Envy™ apples, large diced
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 40 turns fresh cracked pepper
- 1 T smoked paprika
- 1 tsp tabasco
- Heat a large skillet with oil over high heat until oil reaches 350 degrees. Lower heat slightly and keep oil at constant temperature.
- Dry diced potatoes as well as you can with paper towels.
- Fry potatoes in batches so that not too many are cooking at a time. Stir frequently and fry until dark golden brown. Once dark golden brown, remove with a slotted spoon to a plate lined with paper towels (to soak up the excess oil). Sprinkle lightly with salt. Repeat with the rest of the potatoes.
- In a large saute pan, melt ¼ cup butter.
- Add sliced onions and cook over medium heat until golden brown.
- Add diced apples and cook until tender – about 2 minutes.
- Add paprika, tabasco, salt, and pepper and stir to combine.
- Put fried potatoes in a large bowl and pour onion/apple mixture over top. Stir to combine. Serve warm.