- 30 Lady fingers (approx.)
- 250g Mascarpone Cheese
- 300g Whipping cream
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- ½ tsp Salt
- 3 Egg yolks
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg
- 1.5 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 2-3 Envy™ apples peeled and cubed
- 2 cups Apple juice
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Sugar to taste
- 5 shots Bourbon whisky
- 12 Amaretti cookies (about)
- For the Apple filling: In a pot, place peeled and cubed apples, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 cup apple juice, vanilla extract and a pinch of salt.
- Cook on stove on medium until liquid comes to a boil, then simmer on low until apples are soft and liquid is absorbed. (about 20 minutes)
- Process in a food processor until smooth.
- Using an electric mixer in a medium bowl, whip together egg yolks and 1/4 cup/50 grams sugar until very pale yellow and about tripled in volume. Transfer mixture to a large bowl, set aside
- In the medium bowl, whip cream and remaining 1/4 cup/50 grams sugar until it creates soft-medium peaks. Add mascarpone and continue to whip until it creates a soft, spreadable mixture with medium peaks. Gently fold the mascarpone mixture into the sweetened egg yolks until combined.
- Assembling the “Tiramisu”: In a shallow Tupperware dish, add whisky and ½ cup apple juice
- Working one at a time, dip each lady finger into the whiskey mixture for about 4 seconds each, and line the bottom of the casserole dish neatly.
- Scoop 1/2 of the cream mixture and spread evenly over the lady fingers. Top with apple sauce
- Repeat layers of whiskey lady fingers, cream and apple sauce until you reach the top of the casserole—top layer should be just cream.
- Refrigerate for at least 6 hours, 24 if you can wait!
- Before serving, Place amaretti cookies along with ½ tsp cinnamon in a ziplock bag and crush with a glass. Sprinkle top generously with the crunchy mixture –Serve!