- 8 thin slices of sourdough or your favorite bread
- 4 T butter, softened
- 16 slices of roasted turkey
- 8 slices of smoked gouda or provolone cheese
- 1 Envy™ apple, cored, and thinly sliced
For the mustard
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- ⅓ cup finely chopped California Giant blackberries
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- Stir together ingredients for the mustard and set aside.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread and then place on a surface butter face down. Evenly spread blackberry mustard on all slices of bread. Place 1 slice of cheese and 2 slices of turkey on each piece of bread. Place about 4 slices of apple on EVERY OTHER piece of bread, and then top with the slice next to it with no apples. You should now have a sandwich that is bread – mustard – cheese – turkey – apple – turkey – cheese – mustard – bread.
- Preheat a large sauté pan or grill pan (my favorite!).
- Grill or sauté each sandwich on both sides until golden brown and cheese is melted. (If bread is golden before the cheese is melted, put the sandwiches in a 400-degree oven until the cheese melts).
- Allow sandwiches to cool slightly so that cheese doesn’t ooze out. Trim the sides of the sandwiches to square it off and then cut into 4 bite size pieces. Eat warm!