For the pie filling
- 15 oz pumpkin puree
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs yolks + 1 whole egg
- small pinch of kosher salt
- 1 frozen pie crust
For the apple topping
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 T brown sugar
- 2 ENVY™ apples, thinly sliced on a mandolin
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all ingredients for pie filling until well combined.
- Place the frozen pie crust on a baking sheet and then fill the crust with the pumpkin pie filling. Combine the melted butter, cinnamon, and sugar.
- Very gently toss the apple slices in the butter mixture to coat.
- Begin with the larger slices and shingle in a circle just inside the crust.
- Repeat with smaller slices until they come together in the middle.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then lower the oven to 350 and cook for 15-20 minutes more until set. Allow to cool completely.
- Slice and serve!