- 12 sheets of phyllo, thawed
- ¾ cup ricotta
- 2 T chopped parsley
- 1 T chopped mint
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 Envy™ apple, cored and quartered
- Extra salt for seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, stir together ricotta, parsley, mint, garlic, and salt. Set aside.
- On a sheet tray lined with parchment lay one sheet of phyllo dough and brush with melted butter and sprinkle a pinch of salt. Repeat with each sheet until a stack is formed. It’s important to cover the unused phyllo dough with a damp towel to keep from drying out in between building the layers.
- Spread the ricotta mixture evenly over the top layer of phyllo dough, leaving about a 1-inch edge of phyllo.
- Using a mandolin, thinly slice the apple quarters and shingle on top of the ricotta mixture. Gently brush the tops of the apples with melted butter and sprinkle a pinch of salt.
- Bake for 20-25 min or until the edges are golden brown and the apples are tender. Let cool slightly before cutting and serving.