For the fritters
(Makes about 10 corn fritters)
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and roughly chopped
- 2 cups ENVY™ apples, small diced
- 3⁄4 cup all purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 3⁄4 cup whole milk
- 1 egg, whisked
For the honey glaze
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 habanero, seeds and stem removed, cut in half
- A slotted spoon
- 1 large container of canola oil
- Heat a medium sized pot of canola oil to 350 degrees.
- Heat your oven to 250 degrees to keep batches of fritters warm.
- In a small bowl, microwave honey and habanero for 15 seconds.
- Allow to steep while frying off fritters.
- Stir together all ingredients for fritters until well combined and there are no clumps.
- Using a large spoon, drop a dollop of batter into the oil and allow to get dark golden brown on both sides.
- You can do a tester to make sure the batter is cooked all of the way to the center.
- Remove fritter to a paper towel lined plate to drain excess oil.
- Repeat with rest of batter and keep first batches of fritters warm by placing on a sheet tray in the warm oven.
- Once all fritters fried off, drizzle with spicy honey glaze and serve immediately.
- Batter can be kept in refrigerator for 1-2 days, but make sure to stir batter well each time.