White Chocolate Dipped Envy™ Apples
4 Envy apples
4 ounces white chocolate chips
2 tablespoon refined coconut oil
Naturally colored sprinkles
1. Prepare a double boiler by adding an inch of water to a 2 quart sauce pan and bringing the water to a simmer over medium heat.
2. Add the white chocolate chips to a glass bowl and place over the saucepan, being sure the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water.
3. Allow the chocolate to melt, stirring occasionally. When completely melted, remove the bowl from the heat and stir in the coconut oil until fully combined. Set aside to slightly cool while you prepare the apples.
4. Place a piece of parchment paper on a plate or baking sheet that can fit inside the refrigerator.
5. Place the ENVY apples on a cutting board and slice straight down each side of the apple, about ¼ inch thick, so that the apple is squared off. Now slice the apple into ½ inch thick planks.
6. Using your favorite cookie cutters, cut shapes out of the apple planks.The “odds and ends” leftover pieces with apple skin can still be used for the next step.
7. Dip half of each apple shape into the melted white chocolate and place on the parchment paper. Quickly decorate the apple shapes with sprinkles as the white chocolate will begin to set.
8. When all of the apples have been dipped, place the plate into the refrigerator to set for 5 minutes.
9. Eat and enjoy or store in an airtight container for up to 2 days.